As I sit at work this morning, I can’t
help but notice workers around me eagerly sharing their plans of what they will
do when the win the powerball with the winning ticket they bought this
week. Now let’s be real here, the odds
of winning the powerball jackpot are 1 in 292 million. Yet many people around me were putting such great
hope and excitement into this highly unlikely prospect.
It got me thinking about where people
place their hope, their joy, and their excitement. And what if I told you there was something more
to hope for than the things of this world.
That I know a savior who gives me hope.
Who teaches me to be joyful and to bring joy to others. Who brings me excitement just for worshiping
His name. In Jeremiah 29:11, the Lord
said: “For I know the plans I
have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jesus is my living water, my bread of life,
my strength, my joy. And He extends this
hope and His Kingdom to all who believe (John 5:24).
Sure it
would be exciting to win millions or billions of dollars – on the surface level. But I know that money comes and money goes,
money corrupts, money builds greediness, money destroys families. Our treasures ought to be in something greater
than worldly wealth. And even the rich
in money need a redeemer, one who is rich in love. And redemption can’t be bought with powerball
money. Jesus paid the price for our sins
over two thousand years ago, on the cross, His blood shed for us. The almighty God, who lived as a man, and came
to redeem, with a free gift of salvation and eternal life. All we have to do to receive this free gift
this is place our faith in Him. The
powerball is ok, I’m not saying that in good fun and moderation that an
occasional lottery ticket equals a ticket to hell. But as for my I will place my hope in the
Lord.
If anyone
wants to learn more about my hope, if anyone wants to know the redeemer I know,
I promise you won’t regret it. Get in
touch with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment